Monday, November 8, 2010

Herb Chicken Wings

Everyone who knows me, would know that I absolutely LOVE chicken.  I can think of so many chicken recipes very easily.  Mainly because, it's really the main protein that I eat.

Chicken can take time, because it has to be cleaned throughly, so this "Herb Chicken" is very quick and easy.   Sometimes I just want to have finger food and have it somewhat healthy at the same time, so I just take my favorite part of the bird and season it with all the herbs that I grew up eating in The Bahamas.

Tell me what you think!

1lb of chicken wings
Kosher salt
Course black pepper
1 half of lemon
1 bunch of thyme
1 bunch of rosemary
1 1/2 tablespoons of crushed garlic
1/2 teaspoon of ground habanero pepper (optional)

Clean chicken wings (I grew up cleaning my chicken with limes).  Season with salt and pepper.   Remove thyme and rosemary leaves and place it in the food processor, add lemon and garlic.  Rub paste on the chicken and marinate for at least 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 400 and bake for 20 mins, or until done.   To get the wings crispy on both sides.   Remove from the oven and preheat to high broil.  Turn the wings over on each side until crispy and repeat. They should become crispy in about 4 minutes.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment